Select the correct answer to each of the following questions by
clicking on the appropriate button. Check your score by clicking on
the "Calculate Your Score" button at the bottom of the page.
The questions you missed will be displayed below your score. Check
the text carefully, then try those questions again.
Keep working on the quiz until your score is 100%.
1. What does the Tiber river god tell Aeneas in a
that the land of
Italy is Aeneas' new home
that a white sow with
30 suckling piglets will be a sign for Aeneas
that Aeneas should
seek an alliance with King Evander
all of the above
2. What are the people of Evander's village doing when Aeneas
preparing for war,
because they heard Trojans were coming
celebrating a feast to
looking for their
3. To whom does Aeneas trace his and Evander's common
4. To whom did the quiver full of Lycian arrows that Pallas now
owns once belong?
5. Evander tells Aeneas about the time Hercules
stables of Augeius
killed a monster named
was killed by his
wife who mistook poison for a love potion
brought Alcestis back
6. Where does Virgil say Evander's cattle are roaming?
in and out of the
former cave of Cacus
through the grove of
through what is now
the house of Augustus and temple of Apollo
through what is now the
Forum and an affluent neighborhood of Rome
7. What does Venus ask her husband, Vulcan, to do?
make a set of armor
cause a volcano to
stop the Tiber from flooding
persuade his mother,
Juno, to turn from her anger
8. What advice does Evander give Aeneas?
return to Sicily
and establish a city there
avoid bloody conflict
at any cost
seek alliance with the
Etrurians, who are more numerous than Evander's men
none of the above
9. Why, according to Evander, are the Etrurians eager for war
with the Latins?
Turnus had stolen
their wicked king,
Mezentius, had taken asylum with Turnus
the Latins had turned
them out of their ancestral land
Turnus had taken
Etrurian women as slaves
10.What is depicted in the center of the shield of
the sea and the
naval battle of Actium
the twelve-tables of
the sun, moon, and
Anchises and pulling Ascanius by the hand
You missed question(s):