Select the correct answer to each of the following questions by
clicking on the appropriate button. Check your score by clicking on
the "Calculate Your Score" button at the bottom of the page.
The questions you missed will be displayed below your score.
Check the text carefully, then try those questions again. Recompute
your score by clicking on the "Calculate Your Score" button
Keep working on the quiz until your score is 100%.
1. Describe Achilleus' state in the beginning of Book
2. What request does Zeus make of Thetis?
that she steal
Hektor's body away from Achilleus
that she not tell
Hera about their arrangement to honor Achilleus
that she tell Achilleus
to give back Hektor's corpse for ransom
that she perform
funeral rites for Hektor
3. How does Hekabe respond to Priam's intention to go to
she asks to go
she tries to stop
she brings Priam
gifts to take with him
she prays for his
4. Whom does Zeus send to accompany Priam to the Achaian
5. What does Priam do when he first enters Achilleus'
hands over gifts to
messenger to announce him
takes hold of
Achilleus' knees and kisses his hands
6. What ritual act is Priam thus performing?
7. What is Achilleus' reaction to Priam's impatience?
his anger flares up
he reassures his old
he hurries so Priam
can get back to Troy
he is frightened
8. What is the message of the story of Niobe?
the gods punish
human life is
human beings cannot
escape their fate
even the greatest grief
has a limit
9. Why does Hermes urge Priam to leave Achilleus' hut?
might kill him
because Agamemnon might
hold him for ransom
because the Trojans
are planning a nocturnal attack
because Hekabe is
10. How does the Iliad, the song of Achilleus' wrath,
with the return of
Helen to Menelaos
with the burial of
Hektor, breaker of horses
with the destruction
You missed question(s):