Select the correct answer to each of the following questions by
clicking on the appropriate button. Check your score by clicking on
the "Calculate Your Score" button at the bottom of the page.
The questions you missed will be displayed below your score. Check
the text carefully, then try those questions again.
Keep working on the quiz until your score is 100%.
1. When Menelaos captures Adrestos, Adrestos begs to be spared
and offers ransom. Then
the ransom and releases Adrestos.
Adrestos is killed
trying to escape.
Adrestos agree not to fight each other.
Menelaos to refuse the ransom and kill Adrestos.
2. The narrator says that Agamemnon was able to change
Menelaos' mind (about ransoming Adrestos) because
commander in chief of the Greek armies
in his heart,
Menelaos really wanted to kill Adrestos
Agamemnon was more
eloquent than Adrestos
3. Glaukos (a Trojan ally) and Diomedes (a Greek) agree to
exchange armor and not fight each other:
grandfather was once host to Glaukos' grandfather.
in order to
because each is
afraid he will die if they fight.
because they are
tired of the war.
4. Helenos, a Trojan seer, tells Hektor to go back inside the
city of Troy
to bring King
Priam out to ride before the Trojan army in order to encourage them
to find Paris and
bring him back to finish the duel with Menelaos.
to tell his mother,
Hekabe, to make an offering to Athena in hopes that she will have
mercy on the Trojans.
to reinforce the
walls where they are the weakest in order to prepare for an Achaean
5. When Hektor visits his mother, she offers him wine.
Hektor pours an
offering to Zeus and prays for victory.
Hekabe advises him
to be cautious when fighting
Hektor refuses the
The Trojans gather
for a great sacrifice to the gods.
6. When Hektor visits Helen and Paris, he scolds Alexandros and
urges him to return to the war. Then
Alexandros not to go.
Alexandros in a cloud of mist.
7. While Hektor is in Alexandros' and Helen's bedroom,
asks him to sit a
while on a chair beside her.
scolds Hektor for
being so hard on Alexandros.
silently and does not speak.
8. In the last scene in Book 6, Hektor meets his wife
Andromache and their infant son Astyanax (Skamandrios)
in the palace of
at the Skaian
9. When Andromache begs Hektor to stay inside the city,
Hektor's reply to her includes the statement that
Hektor will not
die because the gods are protecting him.
the city of Troy
will surely fall.
always be safe
the Trojans will
outwit the Greeks.
10. When Hektor tries to take his son Astyanax in his
his father tightly around the neck and begs him not to go.
Astyanax cries out
in fear of the horse- hair plume on Hektor's helmet.
Astyanax is too
busy playing with Hektor's javelin to pay attention.
the child away because she is angry at Hektor.
You missed question(s):