Registering for Caucus
2. Enter the URL: http://caucus.brooklyn.cuny.edu/~caucus.
3. The Start Page appears.
4. Click on self-register, which appears in the following sentences:
First time at this page? You may self-register a userid and password.5. Type your name as your ID (e.g., I use lmelani).
6. Press the Tab key or use your mouse to move to the next text box.
7. Type a password, up to 15 characters with no spaces. Pick something you can remember, and/or write it down somewhere secure.
8. Move to the next text box and type your password again.
9. Type your first name, then your last name.
10. Type your e-mail address. If you don't have one, type "firstname.lastname@example.org."
11. Click on the Register button.
12. You will be asked to enter your ID and your password again.
13. When the Brooklyn College Caucus Center screen appears, click on 3. A list of all conferences.
14. Scroll down the list of conferences until you come to Core Studies Melani: Spring 2001.
15. Click once on Core Studies Melani: Spring 2001.
16. Scroll to the bottom of the Join Core_Studies_Melani? screen ; click on the first button, Yes! The text after this button reads:
Make me a member of the conference,17. The Core_Studies_Melani Conference appears.
Participating on Caucus
To Call up Caucus
1. Call up your Internet provider/Web browser--e.g., Netscape Naviagator, Internet Explorer, AOL.
1. Your Personal Conference List: read all new discussion in your list, or edit your list.6. Click on Core Studies Melani: Spring 2001.
To Write Your Comment in Caucus
1. Scroll down to the sentence which reads: "You may create a new item, read all the items or the new material, or click on item titles listed below to read individual items."
To Upload a File
1. To upload a file you saved in your word processer, click on the Upload button.
To Send Your File
1. Scroll down and click on the Create + View button to see
your text as it will be sent, if you wish.
1. Call up Caucus.
To Read Other Students' Comments
2. Item #1 on the Brooklyn College Conference Center screen reads:
Your Personal Conference List: read all new discussion in your list, or edit your list.Under this sentence, the conference name, Core Studies Melani: Spring 2001, appears in one column and the number of items with new discussion appears in a second column.
If you have problems registering for Caucus or using Caucus, please let me know, so that we can find a solution. You may talk to me before class, after class, or during my office hours; e-mail me; or phone me. If you are using a computer lab on campus, you may ask the aides for immediate help.
Problems with Caucus
Course Requirements and Policies || Purpose of Course || Booklist and Syllabus
Online Materials || Core Studies 6 Page || Melani Home Page