NOW THAT YOU'VE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, CLICK ON THE GREY BAR BELOW AND....
- After you have read these instructions (1 through 8), you will go to the Virtual Color Testing Lab. There you will see the Color Evaluation Table. A non-working sketch (not the real thing) of the Table is shown on the right. Note: The mineral numbers in the sketch are not the same as on the real table!)
- HOW THE TABLE WORKS: In the central section of the Table is a large box in which instructions will appear as you perform the investigation.
- The Table is designed to allow you to determine the names of the colors of minerals. On the left of the Table is a list of minerals to be tested. The minerals are identified by numbers. On the real Table, when you click on one of the minerals (other than 'None'), a picture of the mineral will appear in the box at the top left of the central section of the Table.
- On the right of the Table is a list of colors. As you move the cursor over the buttons, the colors will appear in the box at the top right of the central section of the Table.
- Examine the list of mineral numbers. If one of the minerals you have been assigned appears on the list, click on the button next to it. Look at the color(s) of mineral in the picture that appears.
- Now roll your cursor over the color buttons. Examine the colors that appear until you find which one (or ones) most closely match the predominant color(s) of the mineral you have chosen.
- Record the name(s) of the color(s) on your printout of Part A of the Mineral Properties Form.
- If another of your assigned minerals appears in the mineral list, repeat the above procedure.