|To explore the hardness of NYC of minerals, do the following:
- Click on the button labeled 'P" and print out the NYC Minerals Hardness Table (Printout #Q-2).
- The hardness of all but three minerals will be found on the printout.
- To determine the hardnesses of the remaining three minerals, scroll down to the Hardness Evaluation Table.
- You determined the numerical Mohs Hardnesses (from 1 to 10) of the Mohs minerals in Hardness Exercise B. The Mohs Hardnesses of the Mohs minerals are shown in this Table in blue. The three minerals whose hardnesses are to be determined are shown in red. (In Hardness Exercise C, you learned how to determine the Mohs Hardnesses of non-Mohs minerals.)
- Determine the Mohs Hardnesses of garnet, labradorite and magnetite and record them on printout # Q-2.
- Click on the red button and go to the Answer Checking Table and make sure your answers are correct.