NOW THAT YOU'VE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, CLICK ON THE GREY BAR BELOW AND....
- After you have read these instructions (1 through 9), you will go to the Virtual Miscellaneous Non-Visual Properties Testing Lab. There you will see the Miscellaneous Non-Visual Properties Evaluation Table. A non-working sketch (not the real thing) of the Table is shown on the right. The mineral numbers on this sketch are not the same as on the real table!
- HOW THE TABLE WORKS: The Table is designed to enable you to determine non-visual properties of minerals. On the left and right of the Table are lists of minerals grouped according to properties to be tested. The minerals are identified by numbers.
- A box with instructions is located in the bottom left of the central section of the Table.
- When you click on a mineral that you wish to test, a picture of the mineral will appear in the upper left of the central section of the Table.
- Next, click on the 'Results' bar in the center of the Table. A picture of the results of the test will appear in the upper right box of the central section of the Table. Comments will appear in the lower right box in the central section of the Table.
- If the number of one of the minerals you have been assigned appears in either the right or left mineral list, click on it. Then, perform the indicated test by clicking on the Results bar.
- Examine the picture of the test result and read the comments box.
- Record the number of the mineral and the test result on your printout of Part B of the Mineral Properties Form.
- If another of your assigned minerals appears, repeat the above procedure.