NOW THAT YOU'VE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, CLICK ON THE GREY BAR BELOW AND....
- After you have read these instructions (1 through 7), you will go to the Virtual Streak Testing Lab. There you will see the Streak Evaluation Table. A non-working sketch (not the real thing) of the Table is shown on the right.
- HOW THE TABLE WORKS: The Table is designed to allow you to determine the names of streak colors. At the bottom of the Table is a Message Box in which instructions will appear as you perform the investigation.
- On the left of the Table is a list of minerals to be tested (List 1). On the real Table, when you click on one of the minerals (other than 'None'), two things will happen:
- A picture of the mineral will appear in the top box in the center of the Table.
- In the box underneath a blank streak plate will appear.
- If you press the "Streak" button on the real Table, the streak of the mineral will appear on the streak plate.
- On the right of the Table is a list of colors (List 2). When you click on one of the colors, on the real Table a color patch will appear in the box underneath the "Streak" button. If the mineral has no streak, click on 'No Streak' and a clean streak plate will appear.
- Keep clicking on the colors (or 'No Streak') until you find one that most closely matches the color of the streak.
- Record you results on your printout of Part A of the Mineral Properties Form.