REVIEW FOR FINAL EXAM - MINERALS
1. You have been given an unknown mineral called 'C'.
2. Both mineral X and mineral Y have the following properties:
____________ or _____________.
A test for _____________
3. Mineral Q has the following properties:
Consult Table 1 to answer this question: What three minerals might it be?
Describe a specific test that could be applied to Q that might tell you (a) which of the three minerals it is, or (b) might tell you which of the three minerals it is not.
The test would be to:______________________________________________________
4. How does a mineral differ from a rock?
5. What is 'Mohs Scale'?
6. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using color to identify a mineral?
7. How does streak differ from color?
8. Explain the difference between 'cube' and 'cubic'.
9. Explain the difference between 'crystal' and 'crystalline'.
10. Define 'translucent'.
David J. Leveson