ADVICE ON FILLING OUT WORKSHEET DNY-1
AN EDUCATED OPINION
- On this worksheet, you will be considering two climate change hypotheses:
- Human activity is a significant cause of global warming.
- Because of an ongoing worldwide rise in sea level, by the end of this century, large parts of New York City will frequently be inundated by storm surge floods.
- You are asked to discuss an appropriate response to whatever threat future storm surges may pose. Make sure that your position is consistent with the degree of support you feel the two hypotheses listed above deserve. For example, if you indicate that you feel future storm surge hazard is minimal, it would be illogical to suggest that New York start spending huge sums to build coastal defenses similar to those found in Holland against sea level rise.
- Your response will be more convincing if you cite sources to justify your positions on the two climate change hypotheses.
David J. Leveson & Wayne G. Powell