- PRACTICE YOUR SKILL AT RELIABILITY ANALYSIS - |
- Click on the red 'Print' button and printout a greyscale copy of the Earthgreen Forever informational material.
- Read the Earthgreen Forever informational material.
- On the printout, analyse the text by underlining or highlighting in different colors those portions of the text that are examples of:
- alarmism or emotion
- unwarranted certainty
- evidence that the organization is primarily an advocacy group.
- In the margins of the printout, comment on the text that you have underlined or highlighted.
- Click on the blue Answer Check button to see how well you have done in analysing the text.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and:
- apply the 'reliability criteria' to Earthgreen Forever
- indicate your 'trust rating'
|Indicate whether you agree, disagree or are undecided as to whether the organization has met the indicated criterion.|
|'RELIABILITY CRITERIA'||SELECTION MENU|
|The organization is neutral; it is not primarily an advocacy group.|
|The organization uses logic and reason rather than alarmism, emotion or name-calling.|
|The organization acknowledges the existence of uncertainties and/or divergent opinions. |
Now indicate your degree of trust in the organization by choosing from the drop-down menu. My Trust Rating
David J. Leveson & Wayne G. Powell