Setting up a course site:
Before set up your Blackboard course, professors and students should set up both their BC Web Central Portal Central and CUNY Portal accounts.
- Setting up your BC WebCentral Portal account:
- Go to http://portal.brooklyn.edu or from the College's home page and click on the BC WebCentral Portal button.
- Choose Create a Central ID and follow the steps
- Once created, your new Central ID will give you access to all web applications and services within BC WebCentral.
NB: please wait 48 hours after setting up the BC WebCentral Portal before setting up your Blackboard account!
- Setting up a Blackboard account:
- From any internet computer visit the CUNY portal at http://portal.cuny.edu
- Click on the link Log-in
- For your one-time account setup, click on Register Now!
- You will be given several options. If you are a student, click on Student
- On the User validation screen, enter your last name (case not important) your 9 digit Social Security number and your birthday. Click the Next button.
- On the following screen confirm that the information you have entered is correct. Click Confirm if it is. If you made a mistake click Cancel and re-enter your information.
- Now you must select a user name. The sign on process will choose one for you (usually your first initial and last name) but you may change this if you wish. After the user name, select a password (your choice, though it must be at least six characters, all numbers and letters, no spaces or punctuation) and enter it twice. Enter your e-mail address as well. This will be made available to your Professor and fellow students. After checking your information for correctness, click on the Save button.
- You have completed the account set-up. Be sure to write down your username and password.
- Log-on to Blackboard:
- From any Internet computer visit the CUNY portal at http://portal.cuny.edu.
- Choose Log-in
- Enter your username and password and click
- From My Page click on the Blackboard link
- You will see a list of all CUNY schools (you may visit any one by clicking on Guest). To go to your personal Blackboard page, click on Student on the Brooklyn College line.
- You will be brought to your own Brooklyn College Blackboard page!