Italian American Literature and Film
Prof. Fabio Girelli-Carasi
FILENAME: lastname.DATE (check previous assignments for the date format)
Email subject: assignment DATE (check previous assignments for the date format)
DEADLINE IS FLEXIBLE It means you can turn it in later without penalty.
|REMINDER: The blog IS your attendance. No blog, no points for attendance.|
1. I hope you picked up a 3-ring binder from my office (free). If not, please, please, please, don't hand in a binder with a plastic, soft, slick cover. It makes it impossible to pile them up.
2. FIRST PAGE. Fill out the cover sheet with dates and grades of assignments and tests/quizzes. Print it out and place in the binder.LINK
3. PRINT OUT only the assignments you got back from me with a grade. File them in chronological order, from oldest to most recent.
4. PRINT OUT the tests and quizzes with a grade. Same as above.
5. DROP OFF THE BINDER AFTER YOU GET BACK THE MAY 8 ASSIGNMENT. I will return the assignment this Sunday, so you will have the whole week to bring it to school.
6. You can drop it off EITHER in the LANGUAGE LAB (Boylan 4316) or in the office of the Mod Lang Dept (Boylan 4239). Or, if you come during office hours, bring it to my office.
ONLY AND EXCLUSIVELY THE COMMENTS THAT WERE POSTED BY THE RESPECTIVE DEADLINES.
Email subject: blog final
Create a word document (see filename above.)
COPY your COMMENTS
ONLY AND EXCLUSIVELY THE COMMENTS THAT WERE POSTED BY THE RESPECTIVE DEADLINES
in chronological order. DO NOT COPY the REPLIES, ONLY THE COMMENTS.
Send it by email. Do it after you finished the comments on GODFATHER.
I will send you a file late SATURDAY MAY 20. DUE MONDAY MAY 22.
It will cover mostly THE GODFATHER (book and film) and GIVE US THIS DAY.
I will also add some topic for short answers covering the major texts we worked on.
DID I FORGET SOMETHING?
LET ME KNOW IF I LEFT OUT IMPORTANT INFORMATION OR IF YOU NEED ADDITIONAL DETAILS.
THE GODFATHER BOOK (M. Puzo)
THE GODFATHER FILM (F.F.COPPOLA)
|task 1 No NOTE TAKING for this
ANSWER: Do you think that the note-taking assignment had value, particularly in the context of an ONLINE COURSE.
Please skip comments about how much time it takes etc. Focus on the task itself. For instance, if you were a teacher, would you use this technique?
THE GODFATHER FINISH READING THE BOOK (Still kKeep track of all the people who are killed.)
THE GODFATHER PART 1 SCREEN THE FILM.
About the film: Make sure you are getting the standard cut of PART 1.
There is at least one version issued as a trilogy, with Part 1, 2, and 3. This version is edited differently, with extra scenes, and also with a different sequence of events.
What is missing in the film that you would have kept?
Which one is better, novel or film?
What did you like/dislike in either one?
Is Puzo a better writer than Coppola is a director?
|BLOG: comments on the GODFATHER discussions|