Literature and Film
Email subject: assignment March 20
YOUTUBE RECORDING: MARCH 20 (see below)
|QUIZ and TEST:
DEADLINE SUNDAY 19 END OF THE DAY
Saturday evening, March 18 around 7 PM I will send you via email a TEST on SON OF ITALY. In addition to the text, I will include questions referring to the video lectures.
Same time, I will also send a QUIZ to cover the other texts and various tasks you did for the assignments.(for instance, lynching).
You will get two grades, one for the SON OF ITALY TEST; the other for the QUIZ.
If you know the material well it shouldn't take more than an hour each.
task 1: Copy the following statement: "Late assignments and / or assignments that do not meet format requirements will not be graded."
Save this document with the following filename: your-last-name.COVERSHEET.MIDSEMESTER.ONLINE
1) Record your data, grades etc. Do a full and complete job. At the end of the semester you will update it with the next batch of data.
2) In the same document, after the data, COPY and PASTE the COMMENTS you posted on the blog.
START FROM DISCUSSION N. 10 Feb 26.
For each comment, indicate discussion n. and date of your posting.
1) INCLUDE ONLY THE COMMENTS, not the REPLIES.
2) INCLUDE ONLY THE COMMENTS YOU POSTED BY THE DEADLINE. NO LATE COMMENTS.
THE WAY THEY LIVED
2) Describe CLEARLY which image you would choose for the cover of SON OF ITALY. Exercise artistic / communication / critical judgment: which image would TELL the buying public what the book is about?
3) FIND a category of images and write your reactions to the category you chose: EX of categories: children, women, workers, or MAKE UP YOUR OWN CATEGORY: ex: PAIN, DESPAIR, HOPE, ACCEPTANCE, RESILIENCE etc.
INTRO TO SANTA LUCIA LUNTANA
SANTA LUCIA LUNTANA
1) Listen to the song carefully. Don't shoot from the hip. Analyze it as if it were a poem, line by line, meaning by meaning,
2) WRITE: what feeling (longer lasting emotion) were you left with after listening several times? Was the song successful in depicting the soul of NEAPOLITAN IMMIGRANTS
INTRO TO LACRIME NAPULETANE
1) This song is part of a musical, therefore it is part of a narrative. I am going to add a short video with explanation later.
2) WRITE: does the song succeed in representing the state of mind of the singer/writer? What works -- or doesn't work -- for you?
3) CHOOSE and explain your favorite between the two songs. Which one is closer to your sensibility, artistically and emotionally?
3 minutes max. Choose whatever text (book, still images, moving
images, sound) had made the deepest impression on you, explain
why and "what happened".
Post the link to your YOUTUBE video in the blog - Discussion n. 23
|BLOG FOR Discussion n. 23 -- see task 6 of this assignment|