|"Lou, I'd like you to find how much the magnetic variation for Coney Island has changed between January 1, 1900 and August 23, 2005! The U. S. Government National Geophysical Data Center provides a neat service that gives you the magnetic declination for places in the U.S. at any time between 1900 and the present time! This is what you do:|
- Go to the U. S. Government National Geophysical Data Center website.
- Once again ignore the invitation to search by zip code. Give them the latitude and longitude (in degrees, minutes and seconds) you already researched for Coney Island.
- Then, for 'Date' give them January 1, 1900. Write down the answer on a piece of paper.
- Then repeat the procedure for August 23, 2005.
- Check out whether your answer is correct on the interactive answer sheet!